Saturday 28 January 2017

Slough of Despond

Leamington went down 0-6 at home to Slough Town this afternoon and were toppled off top position in the Southern Premier by Chippenham, although they are only two points ahead and the Brakes have a game in hand.

This was my first live game since my knee operation. It has been evident that form has been slipping a bit, but this was a disaster. Slough were given too much space for their first goal which was a curling effort from 20 yards. About five defenders were then unable to stop them scoring their second.

Rowe then got himself sent off and Slough scored their third with a free header from a free kick.

I'm not sure what I would do if I was the manager and I was 0-3 down at half time. What I wouldn't do is get another player sent off which is what happened to Jack Edwards when he got a second yellow for grabbing an opposition player by the throat.

There were four dogs present, which was a record canine attendance in a crowd of 655.

No comments:

Post a Comment