Tuesday 15 August 2017

A long, hard season

Brakes went down 2-0 at Kidderminster Harriers last night. I had hoped to get to Kiddy, but was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday.

In the second half the hosts were awarded what some who were thought was a soft penalty, possibly even diving. Then later Breeden went up for a corner and Kiddy seized their opportunity and scored from 40 yards.

I enjoy watching Tony Breeden, he reminds me of my boyhood hero Sam Bartram who was also a bit of a showman who liked to play out of his goal, but I think that Breeden needs to calm down a bit.

Leamington are now 17th. I think the one hope this season is that there are a few weaker sides in the division. Village team North Ferriby United are still on zero points after four games.

Unofficial Brakes commented, 'Just as you'd expect. We worked hard, hard to break down, never looked like scoring. We HAVE to sign a goal scorer, else we will go down. Simple as that.'

Courtney Baker-Richardson came on for Swansea City in the Checkatrade Trophy and provided the assist that led to the winning goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment