Sunday 24 March 2024

Holleran Milestone Fuels Fire for More



Following his appearance on Football Focus there is a featured interview in The Non-League Paper with Paul Holleran this morning.

Here a few excerpts.  'Being honest, it is a tough job - I am getting older and the players are getting younger.  I am 53.  You do have moments when you think "Can I keep doing this?" but the players and the fans keep me driving on at the moment.'

'Even at this level you don't stop.  Regardless of whether you are Jurgen Klopp or Paul Holleran, it is relentless, and I do 50 hours per week on top of that as well which I imagine is a bit different to Jurgen.'

'You keep ticking along and maybe become part of the furniture - it is a bit like with your wife, you begin to like them, they begin to like you.   [Not sure what Mrs. H would say about that].  The fans have always been good with me, as the years have gone by, the bond has certainly grown.'

'It does cross your mind as to whether you can do it any more, there is no doubt about that.  When we got relegated last season I felt I was the best person to stabilise the club and get it back on track.  It has been a real challenge in a tough league this season, we have had to rebuild and I am looking forward to the last few games.'

No comments:

Post a Comment