Monday 13 January 2020

'I loved my time at Leamington'

Both The Football League Paper and The Non-League Paper carried stories on Josh March yesterday. As they are sister papers, the reports were similar, although not identical. He started in Forest Green's 4-3 victory at Mansfield, but did not score and was substituted on 69 minutes.

Unfortunately, neither story specifically mentions the Brakes in any great depth but here are a few key points:

  • He can't stop smiling after only joining Paul Holleran's side in the summer
  • Playing non-league 'gives you the drive to look after yourself, eat the right things before games. You have a job and get up early in the morning when you want to play football.'
  • He had to give up his day job as a pipe fitter for Armstrong. 'I was meant to go back last Thursday after New Year, but I was meeting clubs. I went in and explained what was going on and they've been as good as gold.'/LI>
  • 'I've filled out now, but when I was 17, 18, 19, I was stick thin almost. You learn about how to get the ball between your body and the man. They might try and kick you but that never really fazed me - I like that!'
  • 'I felt I could play in the League, but would never get the opportunity.'
  • 'I loved my time at Leamington. Paul Holleran has really helped me out getting this through. He's been great.'/p>

No comments:

Post a Comment